Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 313 and Foresty


I thought I'd do a little more tweeding today. A nice woodsy green and brown combo absolutely requires a leaf and toggle closure.

This was done on size 15 needles with 2 strands of worsted held together. I knit in moss stitch until it fit about an inch more than around my neck. For most people this would be between 14 and 18 inches.

Then I used a leaf pattern from 75 Birds Butterflies and little beasts to knit and crochet. Nearly any of these would look nice but I picked out the whitebeam leaf. I again used 2 strands of worsted, this time with the green only but switched to size 11 needles to give a very firm strong leaf. The stem was sewn to itself to create the toggle and I happened to have some lovely natural wood log buttons that matched perfectly. Another leaf with a knot instead of a loop would have looked very nice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!