Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 311 and Don't Cross the Streams!


Tah dah! Yet another iconic Hollywood blockbuster effect! I remember the first time I saw Ghostbusters as a very young child and I was genuinely frightened. I guess I wasn't the target age. Now that I'm older I can appreciate it on a much more enjoyable level and it's one of my all time favorite movies (although that list is pretty darn long).

In order not to make the exact same scarf as yesterday, I made the crazy electrical light effects by using a crochet hook to make a chain stitch right on top of the main fabric. When I got to an edge, I made extra chains and let them fly out by themselves beyond the edge before turning around again. The extra dimension really makes the same old fur fabric feel like something a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!