Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 310 and The Dark Side


What can I say? I'm a nerd. So I was thinking about my STILL HUGE stash of fun fur. I really would like to know how I got it all because I can't remember having bought more than about 4 balls of it in my entire life. Anyway I was watching some sci fi movies and got to considering the special effects. Suddenly it occurred to me as I'm sure it has occurred to many other more clever knitters that fur isn't a fabric as much as it is an effect!

Thus, lightsabers. I didn't have a pattern of course so the hilts are a little bit crude, but I think it's pretty clear whose lightsabers this scarf represents. They are connected at the back of the neck so that when you the scarf it's as if someone is crossing swords right in front of you. Fur made them really look like they are lit up.

(Be ready for a variation on a theme tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!