Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 289 and Fiyero


Kevin has been reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire. It's quite a good read, moves along at a fair clip, and yet not a fluffy piece. (I shamelessly admit needing to look a word or two up in the dictionary once every third chapter or so.) While I feel there is a lot of excellent descriptive writing throughout the book, every once in a while there is a phrase that catches my imagination a little better than the rest.

Fiyero is the shortlived love interest of the heroine and is describe as having diamonds decorating his skin. Well of course I had to emulate that somehow! I used yesterday's improvised "pattern" and repeated only the increase and decrease portions. You can't tell from this photo, but there is a metallic element to the yarn that makes the diamonds sparkle just a bit. I'm rather pleased with this decorative submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!