Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 274 and Which Way?


I wish I had more of this yarn. It was an unidentified yarn that I was gifted for the sake of the project and I couldn't love it more than I do.

I used what I call for lack of a better term "offset filet crochet." There's no reason that the grid has to line up like perfect little squares. The cells could just as easily be offset like bricks on a house or switching from even to offset in order to better represent the picture that one is trying to represent. Hmmm, now that I think of it, I see no reason that the cells have to be square or even rectangular! I think that might be something to look into for a future endeavor.

As for this one, I just did something pretty simple. Arrows all in one direction look like they point in opposite directions when worn around the neck.

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting scarf, I like the arrows and the yarn looks great. Is it metallic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Missed this one from before, sorry!! This yarn was a linen yarn. It's a little stiff at first, but it gets very soft very quickly. I wish I knew the brand! I'd search ravelry and buy up people's stash for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!