Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 266 and Transitions


I have nothing against block color changes, I just like to plus things a little now and then. When I know I'm going to run out of a color, I like to make a little bit of a transition area so the change isn't so harsh. In this case, I crocheted 2 rows of one color and 2 rows of the new color and alternated a few times before committing completely to the new color.

This is actually a helpful technique to use when making a top down sweater or cardigan when you're just starting to get iffy and worried about your yardage making it all the way. Using a contrast and making some stripes before the change makes your item look as if it were designed that way instead of an emergency desperation move. It works great as long as you're working in the round or in rows. If you're using a modular design, I'm afraid you're on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!