Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 262 and Yarn


I've been thinking about future goals. I'm only about one hundred away from the goal that I set at the beginning of the year and I really have been enjoying the accomplishment that comes with meeting goals. I think when I'm finished with the year and I've managed to complete my 365 scarves I will continue making deadlines for myself and will continue finding new techniques to flesh out my appreciation for fiber crafts.

Therefore sometime next year I want to learn to spin. I understand the concept of spinning. Twisting things in one direction and then allowing them to untwist around each other creates a stable ropelike structure that won't unravel. As early early practice for my spinning, I made the fringe in exactly this way. Because each of the yarns is so very thick, they have substance enough to hold themselves up giving this otherwise slender scarf a lot of body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!