Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 211 and Fire Hazard


I learned today that trying to do crewel embroidery on crocheted fabric is ... well, it's folly. I'm a little bit ashamed of the end result. You can't even tell it's a fire hazard logo except for the fact that you read the title. I suppose a much smaller gauge would have helped me out a lot, but you live, you learn. Right? Right. I probably should have gone with something a little less detailed like an initial.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, don't be afraid to try something because it might not turn out. As with most yarn crafts, you can always just tear it back apart and try again another time.

1 comment:

  1. Oops, I've been missing for a while, sorry about that! Love the colour of the scarf. And I completely agree with you that you can rip out and do again at any time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!