Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 187 and Cities


I made this cowl to work with a Harry Potter ravelry game prompt about fairy tales. It represents a very stylized and simplistic skyline.

I used the story of the 2 frogs which summarizes as such:
Once there were two frogs. One lived in Osaka and one in Kyoto and at the same time they both decided that they'd like to see what was over the mountain that separated the cities. They met at the top of the mountain and each confided their desires to the other.

One frog said to his friend, "There's no need for us to wait to see what is over the mountain. Let's hold each other's arms and stand up on our legs and we'll be able to see farther." When they did, their bodies faced the wrong direction because frogs eyes are of course on top of their heads. Seeing an identical city to the one they left, both frogs disappointedly decided not to continue their journey. "If I had known the city over the mountain was so similar, I wouldn't have traveled on this journey," they each said not knowing they only saw their own city in reverse.

I suppose the moral of the story is that you don't really know what's over the mountain until you travel the entire way. What you see from afar is quite different than what you see firsthand. That's what I got out of it at least. I'm on the simple side, though, so if you have another interpretation, I'd love the insight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!