Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 171 and In the Rough


I was paging through my stitch dictionaries again and came across what seemed like a rather unattractive textured pattern. It wasn't very regular, it wasn't very clear, and it wasn't very deep. It was bland looking. However, the dictionary had a charted as well as written version of the stitch pattern and the chart was far more handsome than the demonstration swatch! Because the chart was clearer than the swatch, I thought I'd give it a try and use different colors on each row to help define the pattern. Result? I was much happier with what I had come up with than what was give in the book.

What's the moral of the story? Go ahead and polish a diamond in the rough.

You may know that I live in the US and right now summer is finally starting to heat up. Don't be at all surprised if you start seeing a lot of very thin, very lightweght, very slight scarves and cowls. Just crafting them is rather warming let alone wearing them. I hope using linen, cotton, silk, and certain manmade fibers will help keep my moving fingers cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!