Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award


I've been awarded! Stacey over at The Original Yarn Salad thought I deserved this for my scarf endeavor and I'm so very pleased and thankful! It's actually been almost a week since I was mentioned, but I'm only just now finding a little extra time between knitting, crocheting, and posting pictures to truly appreciate the gesture.

This award comes with a short set of rules to show your appreciation.
1. Thank and link back to the blogger that awarded you the badge. Linky is up there and right here. She's a lovely interesting and generous person. I recommend a follow if you haven't already.
2. Share 7 things about you. You'll find another list a little further down in this post.
3. Award 5 to 15 other bloggers. You'll find a third list even further below!
4. Contact them so they know they've been awarded and appreciated. :) Will do.

7 Facts about me

1. I play a multitude of instruments, but only one of them well. I'm quite good at Saxophone (the 4 major ones are all firmly under my belt). I'm at least high school level on string bass, keyboard percussion, and tuba. I stink fiercely at but still have hand a hand on guitar, trombone, and piano. And I don't think there's really any level you can measure for this, but I play handbells as a soloist at my hometown church. It's really quite entertaining to watch.

2. When I go to restaurants, I never order the same thing twice. Or if I do, it's because I forgot I already had it. I like variety and I like not to be predictable. If there's a server that knows me by name, they are unable to say "The usual today, Amanda?" because for me there's no such thing.

3. I own and ride a push scooter. Obviously I can't ride it every day. It's very inconvenient when it's raining or snowing, but in the spring and fall when the weather is just right, I'm on that thing all the time. Kevin has one too and when we're both off of work, we gallivant around and usually go to East Coast Custard for a baby cone.

4. My favorite strange food combinations always seem to involve peanut butter. e.g. Peanut butter and bologna makes a tasty sandwich. Peanut butter with soy and spaghetti = yum. Ironically, I don't like Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, but I love Reece's Pieces. Go figure.

5. I never do the dishes. Ever. That's Kevin's chore. I'll clean the house and do the laundry and cook the food and wash the windows and pay the bills, but I Don't. Do. Dishes. I suppose if we had a dishwasher I'd do them, but we don't so who knows?

6. Kevin and I have 4 pets, but they are all tiny. Two gerbils named Crushinator and Killbot. Two gray dwarf hamsters named Gimli and Ironman. They live in separate cages side by side and I don't think they know the other species exists.

7. I have 6 teeth fewer than most people and they still don't all fit in my mouth. After much peer pressure, I got braces at the ripe age of 22. My teeth were so squished together, the Orthodontist recommend having some of them removed. Yes, the 4 wisdom teeth obviously, but also the first molars directly behind my eye teeth. I had all 6 removed at once and the braces went in. My teeth got significantly straighter, but they still aren't perfect and I'm completely okkay with it. (Incidentally, the day after the surgery was my aunt's wedding. I brought my own can of chicken broth to eat and I looked like a hamster in all the pictures. Que Sera.)

5 Bloggers that deserve this award:
1. Ariane of Falling Stitches - She does What's Hot on Ravelry which never fails to lengthen my queue, interviews with yarnheads of note, pretty pictures and is an all around nice person.

2. Sinead of Knit Inc. - She's always showing off her Finished Objects and willing to talk about what's going on in her life. She reads way too many blogs and I love her all the more for it.

3. Melissa of SewSweetStitches - Just about the most adorable blog design you've ever seen. She and her daughter are pretty cute too ;). Melissa is always thinking and always sharing and often making me laugh out loud when she goes on an adventure.

4. Sasha of What? No Mints. - She's into science and sharing her own work as much as other people's. She's also often sharing interesting and fun activities that one might find themselves doing.

5. The Gryffindors! - I recently joined a ravelry group in which I was sorted into the House of Gryffindor and we're all competing to earn points by finishing yarn projects. This blog is actually written by a few people and all of them are wonderful. They care about their housemates and help find projects that fit into certain classes with specific requirements to earn the most points. I love them so much, I had to put them in this list!

I hope you find someone new to follow! :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Sweets! Thanks so much for the award. It's Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Your pets sound hilarious (They also have the best names!) - Thanks so much for the award!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!