Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 81 and Smocked Fingerknitting


It's not really smocking because it's not a solid piece of fabric, but the idea is the same. I made a ridiculously long bit of finger knitting and folded it in half, then in half again, and in half one last time. Then using little bits of pink, I tied knots to make the long folded length behave as if it were a solid piece.

It's very very soft. It's surprisingly thick. It was really fast. It's totally original (not for the whole world, but for my repertoire ;) )

It's also a pretty decent cheat if you haven't figured out the solomon's knot stitch in crochet. Lord knows it took me a darn few tries to figure it out.

On a partly unrelated note, what the heck is up with my camera? Every time I scale an image down I get those weird horizontal shaded lines. I'm thinking I might have to spring for a new one soon. The flash doesn't work at all, the video feature won't allow more than 2 seconds of video, the focus may or may not work completely on a whim. I dunno, I just hate getting rid of things when they still function at a most basic level. Bah!

2 comments:

  1. Y'know, I'm reading this and wondering, when are you going to run out of ideas? How do you keep coming up with all these fab ideas? I bow down to your crafty talents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Sinead, Thank you! You know what they say: Necessity is the mother of invention. I set a goal and now I don't have a choice but to have ideas :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!