Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 78 and HandBraided


As I explore the uses of finger knitting, I think it was pretty obvious to use the technique in some of the same manners as one would use I-cords. The strips aren't really i-cord, but are similar enough in the way the finished lengths act to be used the same way. The biggest difference is of course that finger knitted "tubes" are so darn BIG! With standard i-cord a 3 strand braid would be so skinny one couldn't really call it a scarf at all, but with the fat loose finger knitted strands, it's a soft, malleable, draping item.

If using a smooth yarn like this, the large loose stitches are actually quite breathable and comfortable as the weather starts to warm back up. You could sew the ends in as with knit or crochet, but I thought letting them hang like tiny tiny tassels was very cute in this case.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I love the idea. I bet it's quick, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!