Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 35 and Finished!


This weird name was picked because it perfectly describes this scarf's incredibly fast construction!

Nothing helps you make a deadline like a giant gauge! This scarf was made with a size P crochet hook and 5 strands of "baby weight" yarn, 3 oz each. It's really fingering weight, but I know you knitters and crocheters know what I'm talking about. It's the thinner-than-sport yarn that's marketed for baby items and usually comes in pastel colors and also often has one strand of metallic tinsel. Baby weight. Let it be known.

For this scarf I chained 150 and ended up with a 10 foot scarf. You may want to adjust if you prefer something shorter. Also after 4 rows I had about 4 inches of width. On average you can assume that a double crochet stitch is about an inch tall.

1 comment:

  1. Love the scarf. And the term baby weight! I knew exactly what you meant. :)
    Holding multiple strands together is not something I normally do, I think I've only done it once in fact. I must remedy that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!